The training program includes:
• Use of boats, lifejackets and other safety equipment
• Registration with “Australian Sailing”, the national authority for the sport of sailing
• Official assessment: At the conclusion of training, trainees will be assessed and receive an Australian Sailing certificate appropriate to the level of achievement.
What to bring
Students should come with:
• Comfortable clothing that may be worn in the water. A wetsuit is ideal, but shorts and warm top and jacket will be OK.
• Enclosed footwear is essential; bring an old pair of running shoes to protect your feet.
• Be Sun Smart and bring a hat and sunscreen.
• Finally, remember to bring a towel and change of dry clothes to wear after sailing. We have fully equipped changing rooms and showers for your use.
This course focuses on sailing in stronger winds and introducing extra equipment like spinnaker and trapeze to leverage the full boat potential on the water.
Water confident, and you should have the skills, knowledge and experience gained from the Start Sailing 2 course.
Who should do this course?
This course is designed for participants who wish to continue developing their sailing skills in dinghies.
You will gain your Better Sailing completion certificate.
We recognise that some of our course participants are completing the Duke of Edinburgh's International Award and may be using sailing and/or club membership to complete one or more sections of The Award. To learn more, click here.